Associate Professor Andrew Chanen
Dr Louise McCutcheon (Senior Project Manager – Service development)
Dr Emma Burke (HYPE Clinic Coordinator), Dr Jennifer Betts, Dr Martina Jovev, Prof. Henry Jackson, Prof. John Gleeson, A/Prof. Sue Cotton, Dr Chris Davey, A/Prof. Carol Hulbert, Dr Sophie Reid, Dr Sharnel Perera, Dr Andrea Polari, Dr Michael Kaess, Dominic Germano, Dr Jennifer Wood, Dr Catherine McNab, Rebecca Creek.
Dr Mark Phelan, Kate Caldwell, Jean Li Quing Cheng, Sarah-Ann Tay, Steven Halperin, In Teng Sio.
- HYPE was the 2010 Gold Award winner for best specialist mental health service at the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Service Achievement Awards.
- Implementation of National Health and Medical Research Council project grant 2010-2013: ‘MOBY – Monitoring Outcomes of BPD in Youth’.
- Implementation of New South Wales Government tender to develop borderline personality disorder services for southern Sydney and the Illawarra Coast 2010-2013
- Andrew Chanen commenced term as President of the International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders.
- Andrew Chanen appointed to the ICD-11 Review Group for the Classification of Personality Disorders, The Australian Government’s Expert Reference Group on Borderline Personality Disorder, the Development Group for the NHMRC Guideline for Borderline Personality Disorder, and the Executive Board of the Association for Research on Personality Disorders (USA).
- HYPE awarded Youth Crisis Response funding from Victorian Department of Health to expand the HYPE clinical program and to engage with Eastern Child and Youth Mental Health Services in the development of services.
- 10 peer reviewed publications
- Hosting the XIIth International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders International Congress for March 2011.
- Andrew Chanen’s plenary presentation, XIIth International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders Congress, Melbourne.
- Establishing the Australian and New Zealand Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy – Louise McCutcheon (President), Andrew Chanen (Vice-President).
National Health and Medical Research Council Project Grant: Dr Andrew Chanen (Principal Investigator). ‘MOBY – Monitoring Outcomes of BPD in Youth’. This study aims to investigate social functioning and interpersonal relationships over an 18-month period for first-presentation borderline personality disorder (FP-BPD) in youth (15-25 years-old).
New South Wales Government Tender: Prof. Brin Grenyer (University of Wollongong, Principal Investigator), Dr Andrew Chanen (Chief Investigator). Treatment of Personality Disorder Project: This project seeks to implement and evaluate treatment services for youth and adults with personality disorders.
Australian Research Council Discovery Project Grant: Prof. Nicholas Allen (Principal Investigator), Dr Andrew Chanen (Chief Investigator). Genes, neuroanatomy and family process: Predicting adolescent anxiety and depression. The HYPE program is a member of the Orygen Youth Health Adolescent Emotional Development Study (ADS) and focuses upon the risk processes that operate during early and late adolescence for the development of personality disorder.
- Judicial Conference of Australia, 8 October 2010, Hobart.
- Victorian Court Network Conference, 30 November 2010, Melbourne.
- XIIth International ISSPD Congress on Personality Disorders. 1-4 March 2011, Melbourne, Australia.
- Judicial Commission of NSW, Local Court Annual Conference, 2 June 2011, Sydney
- District and County Court Judges Congress, 1 July 2011, Adelaide.
- Judicial College of Victoria, 10 June 2011, Melbourne.
- STARENA workshop, 8-9 September 2011, Netherlands.