Graduate Certificate in Youth Mental Health
The Graduate Certificate in Youth Mental Health serves as an introduction to the field of youth mental health, resulting in a graduate certificate at the end of one-year of part-time study. The course articulates to the Graduate Diploma of Youth Mental Health.
By the conclusion of the Graduate Certificate in Youth Mental Health students will have developed the following areas of knowledge:
- The major theories of development spanning the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- The range of mental health problems that emerge during the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
In addition, students will be able to apply the following skills in their work:
- Assess the early signs of a range of serious mental illnesses in young people.
- Design comprehensive treatment plans that are applicable to the early stages of serious mental illness and sensitive to the developmental tasks facing young clients of mental health services.
- Design community awareness interventions focusing upon early detection and referral of young people to mental health services.
This course utilises a range of multimedia teaching methods. Students will be required to have access to an internet-enabled computer and a broadband connection to participate in the online delivery of the course.
Course Fees: $7,056